Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Cool toilets (Part 1)!

As you might recall, the first restaurant I wrote about in my blog was Modern Toilet in Hong Kong. I'm now revisiting the good ol' toilets cause after all, what goes in must come out! The advent of toilets and sinks for hand-washing played a big part in increasing life expectancy by providing a means of sanitation.

SO in this post I'll be showing you some cool toilets in Tokyo, Japan from my visit there. As much as the sushi and fish were very fresh, I think i spent more time on my trip capturing pictures of toilets rather than food. Here goes:

 The toilet in our hotel room: check out the fancy buttons on the side
A close-up view of the side panel -- You can change the temperature of the seat, wash your bum, and I can't remember if this toilet does this, but I saw one where you can actually make the toilet play flushing sounds so that those shy pee-ers don't have to be self-conscious.

And this one was in a restaurant. Pretty neat concept for water conservation! When you flush and the toilet bowl refills, this toilet actually pumps clean water through a sink at the top before that water goes into the toilet bowl. That way, you can wash your hands with the clean water and the soapy greywater will be flushed away with the next flush.

Keep checking back for Part 2 of my toilet adventures in Japan!

Until then--
Yumdelayumum

No comments:

Post a Comment